In more detail, this means
- Identify the risks-look at the tasks, environmental factors, relationships etc. in the workplace to identify what may cause people problems.
- Decide who may be harmed and how-consult employees or do a questionnaire to see how people feel. Some people may be affected more than others.
- Evaluate the risks and decide on suitable controls-how can identified risks be controlled and are there adjustments workplace or task to make things better?
- Record the findings keep a written record of you assessment to refer back to and to show your compliance with health and safety law.
- Monitor and review the situation – check regularly to ensure that the controls are still suitable and make further adjustments should a worker need them.