We want you to be the absolute best you can be; we want your skills and confidence to grow as much as possible during your time at Gleem. Self awareness and personal development are some of the most rewarding experiences in life and we want to work alongside you to help cultivate this skill!
These are the steps how to register self employed:
Step 1: Create a ‘Government Gateway’ account.
- You’ll need to supply your full name and email address and create a password.
- You’ll then be sent a user ID to the email address you provided, from which you can continue with the next steps.
- You can create the account online here.
Step 2: Log in to your Government Gateway account and select ‘Add a tax’
- Using your user ID and password, you can now log in to your Government Gateway account (here)
- Register self employed for self assessment tax.
- You’ll see an option to add a tax to your account.
Step 3: Select ‘Self Assessment’ for the type of tax you want to add
- Choose the option for Self Assessment (for self-employed, partnerships and trusts), when presented with the question ‘what type of tax do you want to add?’
- Then select ‘Individual or sole trader.
Step 4: Enter the date you started trading
- For tax purposes, you’ll be asked when you started working for yourself – i.e. when you started receiving income.
Step 5: Submit basic details about you as an individual for HMRC
- You’ll need to have your National Insurance number and confirm a few other details, including personal information, home address, contact details and the name of the person or firm you’re working for (which might be yourself, or the name of the business).
- If you don’t have a National Insurance number, you will need to get a National Insurance number to register for self employment: you can apply for one by contacting the Jobcentre Plus application line on 0345 600 0643.
Step 6: Submit basic details about the type of self-employed work you do
- Define the nature of the business to ensure you will be taxed appropriately for the income you receive from being self employed.
- This only needs to be a basic summary; the example given by HMRC in answer to ‘What sort of self-employed work do you do?’ is ‘e.g. plumbers, investment business’.
Step 7 = Review and submit your request to register as self-employed
- You’ll then get a letter with a 10-digit Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) and be enrolled for self-assessment online service.
- You can then use this UTR to add other taxes.
Registering self employed is light on paperwork and doesn’t require paying a registration fee, so it’s worth registering as soon as you can.
Gleem isn’t just another service company that is happy to amble along being average.
We were born to be diﬀerent: Gleem exists to empower.
By joining Gleem we would like to make a commitment to you: to state that we will forever work to develop a business that enables you to enjoy your job. In everything we do, we will strive to improve the business and structure it to make your job more enjoyable. This is important for us and it is the reason that Gleem was started.
Gleem isn’t just about making work ‘easy’, and not everyone gets to work at Gleem, so be proud of what you have achieved already by joining us. Together we have agreed that you and Gleem are a good fit. Now we can grow together.
Through your hard work and dedication Gleem will be able to empower many more people: you are the driving force behind us, and we are building a movement in industries where traditionally people work long, hard hours in jobs that they don’t enjoy, for companies that don’t care about them.
We are turning this on it’s head, and are growing a service business that focusses on it’s people as it’s main priority.
We promise to talk with you about how you can develop, and provide all the opportunities for growth that you want: all you need to do is take advantage of these opportunities.
We may seem small now, but our ambitions are large: we will challenge the way the service industry and the businesses in it operate. Thank you for being a part of our journey, we can’t wait to see how far you’ll help us go.
This welcome pack gives you a litile bit more information about what you can expect from Gleem, so sit back and have a read.
Following on from the course on general cleaning, this course details how to clean specific items and appliances. Again, attention to detail is of great importance. Going through each lesson should help to ensure you do not miss any areas when cleaning a specific appliance and give you a systematic approach to follow to maximize efficiency.